Nano Mist - Waterproof Nano Coating
New Technology! No tipping! Direct construction on the surface of building materials, the construction period is extremely short but the anti-seepage effect is strong!
The new technology NANOMIST waterproof nano-coating is a water-based liquid formula, which is suitable for various roof leakage and toilet leakage projects. It provides effective waterproofing and surface protection for various architectural surfaces. Its use method is also very simple. You only need to clean the relevant surface first, and then spray it on the surface. This nano-water agent penetrates downwards along the tiny gaps like water, and can penetrate deeply into the capillary. Or what polymers can’t do. In this way, the leakage path is blocked and an invisible film is formed on the surface. This nanotechnology composition ensures the effectiveness of the coating surface, prolongs the service life of the building material, and maintains the appearance and luster of the substrate. For some home waterproofing projects, such as bathroom and toilet leaks, or roof waterproofing projects, etc., NANOMIST waterproof nano-coating can greatly exert its function.
Such a nano-waterproof layer will not be damaged or corroded. It cannot be removed mechanically or chemically and is more UV resistant than conventional materials.
The scope of application of the anti-seepage and water leakage coating includes the most common concrete surface and ceramic tile surface. In addition, there are also special formulas for wood, marble, fabric, glass and other surfaces to exert related waterproof performance.
How does NANO MIST block water in roof waterproofing?
To understand how NANO MIST plays its role in roof waterproofing projects, first of all, you can look at NANO MIST under a microscope:
NANO MIST under a microscope:
Magnified photo of the Nano Mist coating under a microscope. It can be clearly seen that the coating is composed of countless fine particles, which can penetrate crevices intelligently and form a strong waterproof layer. NANO MIST – nano waterproof coating has first-level penetration ability, and has strong adhesion and strong waterproof function.
Use a high-pressure spray tool to drive NANO MIST into the building materials, and wait for them to penetrate into the crack to form a coating film.
Roof leaks - how to resist moisture:
The new technology NANO MIST waterproof nano-coating uses the characteristics of nano-materials and strong bonding technology to expand and fill the material wherever it goes, such as cracks and gaps, so that the nano-water agent penetrates downwards like water along the tiny gaps, filling the gaps that cause water seepage and leakage Cracks block the leakage path and form an invisible film on the surface to solve the problems of roof leakage, bathroom and toilet leakage and other problems. This water seepage solution is nearly impossible to damage or corrode. It cannot be removed by mechanical or chemical methods, which shows that its waterproof engineering is very stable.
The water on the waterproof layer will only flow down in the form of beads, or be directly evaporated by the environment.
NANO MIST - Waterproof Nano Coating VS Traditional Waterproofing
Why does water seep and leak? Toilet leaks?
If water seepage and leakage are found, it is very likely that the unit on the upper floor (the roof leaks or the bathroom and toilet leak, that is, the waterproofing layer not been done well) allows water to seep downward through the cracks, and it will take too long for the problematic unit to rebuild the waterproof layer. It is very long and expensive, which often deters the owners and makes the matter worse.
At present, many buildings have been damaged to varying degrees due to disrepair over time, and cracks of various sizes cause roof leaks when rain falls. If the problem is ignored for a long time, it may cause serious consequences, ranging from dripping water on the lower floors to damaging the structure of the entire building.
The waterproofing works for traditional roof leaks need to destroy the structure itself, which will generate a lot of noise, and the construction period is extremely long, and it can only be carried out during the dry season, and the project cost is very high. The most common waterproof works for roof leaks are concentrated in the interior of the home, including water seepage from the ceiling, falling off of concrete, water seepage on the floor, water leaks near windows, bathrooms and toilets, and external walls. Water seepage in the wall, etc. In addition, residents of village houses may also face the annoyance of roof leaks. The reasons for the above problems are likely to be leaks in the drainage pipes and water supply pipes of your own unit or neighboring units, or the waterproof layer of the floor or the edge of the bathtub is damaged due to old age. If it is the rainy season, water leakage will occur on the roofs, platforms, balconies, exterior walls, bathrooms and toilets of buildings. In addition, the waterproofing around the windows is worn out, leaving gaps between the window frame and the wall, the windows are not airtight enough, and rainwater may seep through the windows.
Traditional waterproof treatment of water seepage and leakage:
Traditional rooftop waterproofing works require destroying the original structure and rebuilding it.
Disadvantages of traditional roof waterproofing:
- Long construction period: usually more than two weeks
- Loud Noise: Affecting Neighbors
- Not environmentally friendly: causing a lot of industrial waste
- Seasonality: Treatment of roof leaks is limited to the dry season
- High cost: For detached houses or village houses with lifts and 1,000 square feet of roof waterproofing, the asking price is about $80,000 to $180,000. If the detached houses or village houses do not have lifts, the price may even be as high as $200,000.
In addition, traditional waterproof coatings only form a “layer” on the substrate instead of targeting the internal crack structure, so they are affected by weather, wear and tear, are not wear-resistant, and must be periodically topcoated for maintenance. When using in roof waterproofing, the wear and tear will be accelerated due to long-term people walking in the place, and the anti-seepage and water leakage function will also be reduced due to the influence of ultraviolet rays. NANO MIST waterproof nano-coating can solve the shortcomings of traditional waterproof coatings, and can also help solve the problem of water leakage in bathrooms and toilets.
Traditional roof waterproofing REF.
Traditional roof waterproofing REF.
Questions about NANO MIST Roof Waterproofing:
1. Why is the roof particularly prone to water seepage and leakage?
Because the roof is located on the highest floor of the building, it is not covered by other units. When the rainwater hits the ground directly, and if the drainage system is not done well, it is easy for the rainwater to seep into the units downstairs, causing roof leakage. .
3. How is the roof waterproofing of NANO MIST constructed?
Before construction, you only need to clean the relevant surface, then wait for it to dry completely, use a high-pressure spray tool to make the NANO MIST waterproof nano-coating liquid into a fine mist, spray it evenly on the surface, and wait for the water agent to penetrate downwards and play a role Effectiveness (the waiting time is about 4 to 5 hours). It depends on the actual building conditions, and it will take 24 hours to achieve full effect after the period, which can prevent water seepage and leakage.
5. Do waterproofing only work when water seepage and leakage problems are found? Or take precautions first?
In fact, overall, Hong Kong is located in the subtropical and tropical regions, where the humidity is relatively high, and water leakage from the roof is unavoidable. When the building structure is damaged, it is easy to cause water seepage and water leakage. Therefore, the basic roof waterproofing works must be done first to prevent the spread and occurrence of leakage.
7. What is the difference between waterproofing and leak-stopping (commonly known as catching leaks)?
Waterproofing and leak-stopping (commonly known as leak-catching) projects are different, and the biggest difference are:
- Waterproofing works: It is a comprehensive construction, which can be prevented in advance.
- Anti-leakage project: It belongs to partial treatment, and it is used as a remedy when leakage occurs.
However, ordinary people usually confuse the two and regard the anti-leakage project as a waterproof project. If the two are confused, there will be a big difference between the two when it comes to formal operation.
The preventive approach is simpler and quicker than re-construction when there is a problem, and the price is affordable. If there is no problem, it can be effectively protected for 5 to 10 years. In addition, the anti-seepage and water leakage coating can also speed up the water removal ability, so that the place can stay dry faster.
9. How to deal with water leakage in the bathroom and toilet?
Generally, when the bathroom and toilet are leaking, it is recommended to remove the toilet seat and repair the cracks at the connection position, fill in some damaged muddy water and comb powder, and then start the construction, which can solve the leaking problem of the bathroom and toilet.
2. What are the main causes of roof leakage?
There are a variety of causes of roof leaks, including:
- The floor material of the roof is old and aged, resulting in cracks.
- The steel bars inside the platform stones were rusted, causing the materials such as concrete to burst, causing leakage on the roof and platform.
The foundation of the roof is uneven and has subsided, causing cracks to appear.
- Due to the relationship between contraction and thermal expansion, the roof is exposed to sunlight for a long time and heats it, causing surface cracks to appear.
- The exterior wall of the building itself has water seepage and water leakage.
- Even if the roof itself is coated with a waterproof layer, it loses its waterproof function due to the poor quality of the waterproof material or the aging of the waterproof layer.
4. How long is the NANO MIST waterproof nano-coating can last?
Once the NANO MIST waterproof nano-coating is successfully applied, it can have waterproof ability, and its waterproof effect can last for 3 to 5 years after one application (only the actual time will be related to the condition of the building).
However, depending on the actual situation, a second spraying may be required. The validity period of the secondary construction NANO MIST waterproof nano-coating ranges from 5 to 10 years.
NANO MIST waterproof nano-coating can resist even the rain in the storm. The effective period of the anti-seepage and water leakage coating can be as high as 5 to 10 years (depending on the actual building conditions).
6. What should I do if there is water leakage in the door frame and window frame?
In this case, materials are generally used to fill the obvious cracks in the doors and windows, and then NANO MIST is used for construction. The water leakage problem can be effectively solved twice before and after.
8. What is mural problem?
The occurrence of mural cancer is mainly as follows:
- Pseudo-wall cancer: Due to the difference in indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity, the moisture in the air adheres to the indoor wall or ceiling (the so-called wall condensation phenomenon), and slowly erodes the paint or cement sand layer on the surface. It causes spots, mildew, and long hairs everywhere in the room.
- Wall cancer caused by water seepage in the wall: Once the water penetrates into the wall, they will then decompose metal alkali ions such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium in the cement, and then react to form hydroxides (among which Calcium hydroxide is most easily dissolved by water), these hydroxides will be brought out by moisture according to the gaps in the wall, and combined with carbon dioxide in the air, and then become white swellings – carbonate crystals, which will deposit on the wall On the body, what is formed is wall cancer.
10. How to know that the water seepage and leakage problem has been solved after construction?
Generally, after the completion of the construction, the sluice water test will be carried out at the construction site, and 24 hours later, it will be checked at the original seepage and leakage site to see if there are still problems. When testing the water, the highest water level on the ground should not be lower than 2 cm, and it is considered qualified after inspection and no leakage. In general, coloring agents are used to test roof leaks.
In addition, professional testing equipment will be used to identify the source of the leakage, and the IR thermal imaging test after the sluice has shown that the leakage problem has been resolved.
Comply with green product certification (Greenlabel), the material is harmless to the environment. At the same time reduce inert waste generated by waterproofing works, including concrete, dust pollution, and reduce landfill load.
Certified by independent agencies and public agencies, high-quality products
- Incorporating (HDB) approved materials has solved the annoying problem of leaking water from the roofs, bathrooms and toilets of countless local public housing.
- The material has passed the American ASTM E514 pressure water test, which solved 99.4% of surface water leakage.
- Passed the RILEM 11.4 test, the water loss on the surface of the concrete material after the waterproof coating treatment is less than 0.5cm, while the standard is 4cm.
- Passed ISO EN 1015-18, after the surface is treated with waterproof coating, the result is 0.11G/dm2min0.5, which means it is extremely effective in preventing water seepage and leakage.
- Through the UV radiation test, it is 3 times stronger than monosilane solvent in resisting UV.
Where Nano Mist is actually applied:
In addition to being used in roof waterproofing projects, bathroom and toilet leaking projects, swimming pools, and terraces, the products can also be used in various building materials that need to enhance water removal capabilities. With the specially designed water removal and water diversion design during construction, waterproof coatings are used. Layers can increase the function of this part.